Mid Wales Wales
Mid Wales is the sparsely populated, central region of Wales comprising the country of Ceredigion and most of neighbouring Powys.
The Ceredigion coast is home to numerous picturesque towns, villages and harbours, and boat trips to Cardigan Bay are a popular draw due to the frequent presence of bottlenose dolphins.
In this guide you will find out how, where and when to photograph this region of Wales, including:
- stunning coastal viewpoints
- the university town of Aberystwyth
- lakes and rural viewpoints such as the stunning Lake Vyrnwy
- the Elan Valley which is a mecca for astrophoyography due to its Dark Sky status
- plus many picturesque coastal harbour towns
Mathew Browne is the author of “Wales in Photographs”, a book comprising 126 of his favourite landscape images across Wales. His cover image was taken at Lake Vyrnwy in mid Wales.